Wednesday 1 May 2019

Prima/Finnabair 
Mixed Media Canvas
'Be with those who
help You Being' 

I created this mixed media Canvas with some 
metal and moulded embellishments, resin 
frame, melange, chipboard, rope and die-cut 
leaves. I added some texture to the background 
of my canvas using the ornate lace stencil and
 plaster paste, I then prepped it with black gesso.
 I painted all of my embellishments individually
 with some black gesso first (I prefer to do it 
this way thus making sure everything is
 completely covered). I then placed the 
embellishments on the canvas and
 played around with them until I was
 happy with my composition. I glued them
 with heavy body gel (this gel is AMAZING 
and perfect for these types of projects!) I 
added colour to my canvas featuring two 
of the new Finnabair metallique waxes, 
Heather Hills and Blue Lagoon. I then
 highlighted some of the embellishments 
on the canvas with Fire Ruby and Vintage Gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment