Tuesday 28 April 2020

Prima / Finnabair Altered
Bee Mason Jar Mug
'Sugary Sweet'

Hello dear friends!
I created this cute Bee Mason Jar Mug
 featuring some amazing Finnabair
 products. First I cut a bee shape from 
my Silhouette machine and a
 honeycomb shape from a cutting
 die using black vinyl. I then stuck the
 shapes on the front of the jar placing 
them in the position I wanted. Next I 
painted the jar with Finns's black gesso,
 (tip: rub a candle lightly on the jar 
highlighting some areas, this 
will help easily remove some of 
the paint when sanding). I mixed 
some white gesso and lemon
 peel impasto paint and painted a 
layer of this mixture over the black 
gesso. Once the jar was dry 
I carefully removed the vinyl stickers. 
Next I lightly sanded the surface 
and the edges with a sanding 
block to make some of the black pop. 
I die-cut some circle and hexagon shapes 
from the Fruit Paradise collection and 
added them on top of the lid. I adorned
 the rest of the jar with fussy-cut bees, 
twine, metal embellishments
 and gorgeous Prima flowers!














Prima Products:

Thanks for stopping by! 

Happy Papercrafting!
Tanya

No comments:

Post a Comment