Tuesday 25 September 2018

Graphic 45 
Seasons Card 
Three Tier Pop Up Cake

Hello dear G45ers! 
Excited to share with you my project for 
this month #G45PopUp featuring the lovely 
Seasons Collection. This collection is
 just perfect for making cards. I must say this
 was quite a challenge as I rarely make pop up cards. 
I think this is my second one...however 
I did have a lot of fun putting this together.




Herewith the Supplies and Instructions you 
may use to recreate such a project:

Graphic 45 Supplies used:
Seasons Collection 12x12

Other Supplies:
Sizzix Die Cake Three Tier 3-D (Pop-Up)
Poppy Stamp Die Powell Butterfly
Poppy Stamp Die Luxe Poinsettia Outline
Various other Dies 
White Cardstock
Gold Cardstock 
Sequins, String, Eyelet
Scoring Board
Adhesive Foam Squares
Red Double Sided Tape
Glossy Accents




Cut a 6x6 card from white cardstock and
score in half. Cut a piece to mat from the
 8x8 collection pattern sheet to fit the card.
Tip: Cut the mat piece a little smaller
 leaving border after adhering. It just
 looks prettier that way.


Cut a few die cut shapes using the various other
and G45 metal dies from the collection sheets,
white and gold cardstock.



Cut the three tier pop up cake using the 12x12
collection pattern sheet and die. Colours optional.
I also cut some extra flowers to add to the cake.
Tip: If you have this cutting die the instructions 
for assembling are included otherwise if you 
are like me and misplaced it here is 
a video link you can follow...
credit to Donna Griffith.
Tip: Remember to adhere your pieces 
with a strong double sided tape.


Adhere two brads to the ornate keyhole with 
glossy accents.


Add sequins to the center of the butterflies.
Adhere the ornate key hole with glossy accents.
Tip: I prefer using glossy accents to adhere 
metal pieces on paper ensuring it won't fall off.
Alternatively you can also use a heavy body gel.


Mat the wording piece from the 12x12 collection onto 
white cardstock leaving a small border. 
Add an eyelet and string to the chipboard piece.


Layer all your die cut elements and adhere 
with adhesive foam.
Tip: The foam gives the elements
dimension. I sometimes add two pieces 
on top of one another to give it that extra raise.


After assembling the three tier pop up cake
 adhere to the center of the card and follow the 
last step as per the instructions.


Add the flowers to the cake. I only adhered 3.
Tip: Make sure that you adhere them in 
such a way that it will move easily with the fold.


Add some more die cut elements on the inside of
the card on both sides for decoration. This will
compliment the center piece.

Some more photos...








Thanks for stopping by! 

Happy Papercrafting! 
Tanya 

1 comment:

  1. I just love everything here, I'm into mixed media and this is stunning I don't know what I like most those tags are a stand out, great job.

    ReplyDelete