Thursday 3 October 2019

Re-Design with Prima
Re-Design Petites
Altered Milk Can 
for Home Decor

I love the Re-design with Prima products. 
This DIY line is so versatile, it can be 
used on bite-sized projects too. Today I am 
sharing an altered chocolate container 
in the shape of a milk can. To create 
this shabby chic look I used the fabulous
 Re-design moulds, chalk paste and
 stick & style stencil roll. First I painted the 
can with Finnabair's black gesso, I gave it
 two coats. Next I applied a layer of the
 chalk paste in vintage lace over the black
 gesso and left it to dry completely.
 I then lightly sanded the surface and the 
edges of the can with a sanding block. 
I made some moulded embellishments 
with air dry modeling material and 
the Re-design moulds which I painted with
 the same colour chalk paste. Next I randomly 
painted them with black gesso whilst 
lightly spraying water onto it and damping
 it with a paper towel to remove the excess
 gesso. I then adhered these pieces to the center
 of the milk can. Next I placed a piece 
of the the stick & style calypso lattice
 stencil on the side of the can and lightly
 brushed over it with metallique wax in old silver.










No comments:

Post a Comment